melted butter, for greasing
825 g canned peach slices in juice
170 g canned passionfruit pulp
⅓ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1 tbsp cornflour
⅔ cup boiling water
icing sugar mixture, to decorate
pure cream, to serve
1 ½ cups self-raising flour
⅔ cup caster sugar
½ cup milk
75 g unsalted butter, melted
2 tbsps golden syrup
- Grease a deep ovenproof dish (10-cup capacity) with melted butter. Drain peaches reserving ½ cup of the juice. Spread peaches and half of the passionfruit pulp over the base of dish.
- To make cake topping, combine flour and sugar in a large bowl. Whisk remaining ingredients in a medium bowl until combined. Add to flour mixture. Stir until combined. Spread over fruit.
- Combine brown sugar with cornflour in a bowl. Sprinkle evenly over cake topping.
- Combine boiling water, reserved juice and remaining passionfruit pulp in a heatproof jug. Slowly pour over the back of a large metal spoon to cover brown sugar mixture.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 1 hour, covering with foil after 40 minutes, to prevent over-browning, or until a skewer inserted into the centre of cake topping comes out clean.
- Dust sifted icing sugar over warm pudding. Serve with cream.