Surprise and delight at your next dinner party with these yellow peach melbas. With Moscato and vanilla bean flavours, they're a sweet summer sensation.
750 ml bottle moscato wine, at room temperature
3 cups water
¾ cup caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
6 yellow peaches (1 kg)
2 x 125 g punnets raspberries
vanilla ice-cream, to serve
- Place wine, water, sugar and vanilla in a stockpot over a medium heat. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Add peaches. Place a round of baking paper, the same diameter as the pot, directly onto the surface of the peaches to cover.
- Bring to boil. Simmer for about 15 minutes, or until peaches are tender. Discard paper. Using a slotted spoon, remove peaches to cool slightly before removing skin. Reserve syrup.
- Place 1 cup of the syrup in a small saucepan over a high heat. Bring to boil. Boil gently for about 12 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Cool.
- Blend raspberries and cooled syrup in a blender until smooth. Strain through a sieve. Discard seeds.
- Top peaches with raspberry sauce. Serve with ice-cream.