450 g packet fresh hokkien noodles
200 g green beans, trimmed, halved
600 g beef sirloin steaks, trimmed
2 tsp ground black pepper
Salt, to taste
200 g red cabbage, shredded
2 green spring onions, thinly sliced
1 red capsicum, cut into thin strips
1 cup bean sprouts (100g)
¼ cup finely chopped fresh coriander
¼ cup sesame oil
¼ cup kecap manis
2 tbsp rice wine
- Combine noodles and beans in a large heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 3 minutes. Drain. Rinse under cold water. Drain well. Transfer to a large bowl. Cool.
- Meanwhile, place beef and pepper in a medium bowl. Season with salt. Toss well to coat.
- Heat an oiled, large, non-stick frying pan over medium to high heat. Add beef in two batches. Cook for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side for medium, or until cooked to your liking. Remove. Rest, loosely covered with foil. Thinly slice.
- To make dressing, whisk all ingredients in a small jug until well combined.
- Add cabbage, onions, capsicum, bean sprouts and coriander to noodles. Pour over dressing. Toss well.
- Serve beef over noodle salad.