Kids will love this take on cake inspired by the adventures of the mischievous Peter Rabbit!
2 x 470 g packets carrot cake mix
2 x 114 g packets white chocolate fingers
3 x 13.5 g Cadbury milk chocolate bars (Cadbury Furry Friends)
1 x 30 g Cadbury chocolate flake snack bar, crumbled
4 x 3.5 g Lindt chocolate carrots
candy spearmint leaves, to decorate
- Grease and line two 20cm round cake pans with baking paper.
- Prepare the cake mixes, one at a time, according to packet instructions. Spoon each cake mix into a pan. Smooth tops. Reserve the icing sachets for another use.
- Cook both cakes in a moderately slow oven (160C) for about 30 minutes, or until cooked when tested. Stand in pans for 10 minutes. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
- To make frosting, beat butter in a small bowl of an electric mixer until pale and creamy. Gradually beat in ½ cup sugar at a time until combined. Beat in the milk. Tint blue.
- Sandwich cakes together with ½ cup frosting. Spread remaining over the top and side.
- Arrange 13 chocolate fingers around side of cake, about 4cm apart, for fence posts. Cut another 13 chocolate fingers in half. Place two halves, horizontally between posts.
- To make box, press two chocolate bars opposite each other, about 6cm apart, into the cake. Cut remaining bar in half crossways and place at either end. Sprinkle around Flake.
- Decorate cake with carrot chocolates, spearmint leaves and Peter Rabbit picture.