cooking oil spray, to grease
225 g canned pineapple slices
125 g unsalted butter, chopped and softened
1 cup caster sugar
¼ cup desiccated coconut, lightly toasted
1 ½ cups self-raising flour
1 ½ cups icing sugar mixture
blueberries, to garnish, optional
roasted coconut chips, to garnish, optional
diced pineapple, to garnish, optional
passionfruit pulp, to garnish, optional
fresh mint leaves, to garnish, optional
edible flowers, such as violas, to garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Spray a 30 x 20cm lamington tin with cooking oil and line base and sides with baking paper.
- Drain juice from pineapple slices. Set aside juice. Put slices in the bowl of a food processor and process until pureed.
- Add butter, eggs and sugar.
- Add desiccated coconut and process until just combined.
- Add flour and pulse several times until just combined.
- Pour batter into prepared tin and spread until even and smooth. Bake for 25 minutes or until light golden and cooked when tested with a skewer. Set aside to cool in tin for 15 minutes then remove from tin and cool on a wire rack.
- Combine icing sugar and ¼ cup of the reserved pineapple juice in a medium bowl until smooth. Drizzle icing over cake using a spoon.
- Scatter over garnishes of choice. Serve immediately.