175 g unsalted butter, softened
75 g icing sugar
2 Tbsp passionfruit juice concentrate, sieved
225 g plain flour
½ tsp baking powder
50 g cornflour
25 g unshelled unsalted pistachios, finely chopped
100 g white chocolate, chopped
75 g unsalted butter, softened
150 g icing sugar
2 passion fruit
- Heat the oven to 160C/fan 140C and line 2 baking sheets with baking paper.
- Make the cookies first. Cream the butter and icing sugar with electric beaters until very pale and light. Add the passion fruit juice and mix well. Sift the plain flour, baking powder, cornflour and a pinch of salt into the bowl, add the chopped pistachios and mix well. You will find it easier to use your hands to bring the dough together into a smooth, neat ball.
- Break off large, cherry-sized nuggets of dough, roll into smooth balls and arrange on the prepared baking sheets. You should have 40 even-sized balls. Firmly press the tines of a fork into the top of each cookie to flatten slightly and bake on the middle shelf of the oven for around 12-14 minutes until pale golden. Leave to cool on the baking sheet.
- To make the filling, melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl, either in the microwave in short bursts on a low setting or over but not in a pan of barely simmering water. Stir until smooth and leave to cool slightly.
- Cream the butter and icing sugar until smooth, pale and light. Add the passionfruit and melted white chocolate and beat until smooth and spreadable. Spread the underside of half of the yo-yo cookies with a teaspoon of filling and sandwich with the remaining cookies.