Make the most of the outdoors and enjoy this delicious tucker – it's a camping lunch for four, or a classic Aussie lunchbox filler for you or the kids.
1 ½ cups self-raising flour
2 tsp dried Italian herbs
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp table salt
50 g cold butter, chopped
100 g sliced pepperoni, finely chopped
⅔ cup grated pizza cheese blend
½ cup milk
2 Tbsp olive oil
tomato chutney to serve
- Combine flour, herbs, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Rub in butter with your fingertips until fine crumbs form. Stir in pepperoni and cheese.
- Make a well in the centre. Add milk. Stir with a flat-bladed knife until mixture just comes together. Gently knead in bowl until mixture forms a soft dough.
- Divide dough into eight equal portions. Shape into 8cm round discs (2cm thick). Brush both sides with oil.
- Heat a barbecue flat plate over a medium heat. Line the plate with a sheet of baking paper. Add dampers. Reduce the heat to low. Cook for about 7 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and cooked through. Remove.
- Serve warm dampers with chutney.