400 g bunch kale
2 tbsp olive oil
4 green spring onions, chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
¼ cup pine nuts, lightly toasted
1 tsp finely grated fresh lemon rind
1 pinch dried chilli flakes
600 g boneless skinless salmon fillets
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
lemon wedges, to serve
800 g sweet potato, peeled, chopped
⅓ cup milk
- To make mash, boil potato until tender. Drain. Mash with milk in a bowl until smooth. Season. Cover to keep warm.
- Remove kale leaves from stalks. Discard stalks. Thickly shred kale. Wash under cold water. Drain lightly, leaving a little water on leaves.
- Heat oil in a stockpot over a medium heat. Add kale, onions and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, or until kale is wilted and tender. Season. Stir in nuts, rind and chilli.
- Meanwhile, place salmon in a deep frying pan. Cover with water. Add vinegar. Bring to a simmer. Simmer for about 1 minute, or until cooked to your liking.
- Serve salmon over mash with kale and lemon wedges.