Switch up your pasta with some magic meatballs in irresistible cherry tomato sauce. The family are sure to love this beautiful budget-friendly dinner.
500 g pork and veal mince
½ cup Kalamata olives
½ cup dried breadcrumbs
375 g fettuccine
420 g jar tomato and parmesan pasta sauce
finely grated Parmesan, to serve (optional)
- Combine mince, olives and breadcrumbs in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well. Roll level tablespoons of mixture into balls (makes 24).
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water until tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tbsps oil in a large, deep frying pan over a medium heat. Add meatballs in two batches. Cook, turning occasionally for about 5 minutes, or until browned. Remove. Wipe pan clean.
- Add combined sauce and 1/3 cup water to the same pan over a high heat. Return meatballs. Bring to boil. Cover with lid. Simmer for about 5 minutes, or until meatballs are cooked. Toss through pasta.
- Serve with grated parmesan (optional).