2 Tbsp olive oil
2 cloves crushed garlic
2 tsp finely grated fresh lemon rind
4 pork cutlets
baby rocket, to serve
steamed fresh asparagus, to serve
4 medium carrots, peeled, thinly sliced
2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, chopped
25 g butter
salt and pepper, to taste
- To make puree, boil carrots and apples in a large saucepan of water, uncovered, for about 15 minutes, or until tender. Drain, reserving 1 tblsp of cooking liquid.
- Return carrots and apple to same pan with butter and reserved liquid. Using a stick blender, blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, combine oil, garlic and lemon rind in a large bowl. Add pork. Season. Toss well to coat.
- Heat a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add pork. Cook for about 5 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your liking. Remove. Rest, loosely covered with foil, for 5 minutes.
- Serve pork with puree, rocket leaves and asparagus.