500 g boneless pork loin steaks, thinly sliced
2 Tbsp plain flour
1 Tbsp smoked paprika
salt and pepper, to taste
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 onion, thinly sliced
300 g button mushrooms, sliced
1 cup drained, chopped canned fire-roasted capsicum strips
1 ½ cups chicken stock
½ cup sour cream
mashed potato, to serve
steamed broccoli, to serve
- Toss pork with combined flour and paprika in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper
- Heat oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add pork in 2 batches. Cook, stirring, for about 2 minutes, or until browned. Remove.
- Add onion to same pan over a medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 2 minutes or until soft. Add mushrooms and capsicums. Cook, stirring for a further 3 minutes, or until mushrooms are soft.
- Return pork to pan with stock. Bring to boil. Gently boil for about 3 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in sour cream. Season.
- Serve pork and sauce with mashed potato and steamed broccoli.