750 g pork sausages
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 brown onion, cut into 8 wedges
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tsp rosemary
500 gram chat potatoes, halved
250 ml dry white wine
250 ml chicken stock
150 ml pure cream
20 g finely grated Parmesan
sea salt flakes to season
1 cup finely shredded silverbeet
chopped pistachios to serve
risotto rice to serve
- Preheat oven to 120°C fanforced (140°C conventional). Remove skins from sausages and break sausage meat into 3cm pieces.
- Heat 1 Tbsp of the oil in a large heavy-based ovenproof saucepan over a high heat. Add sausage meat and cook, turning occasionally, for 3 minutes or until browned all over. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in same pan then reduce heat to medium. Add onion, garlic and rosemary and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onions soften. Add potatoes then pour in wine and stock
- Return sausages to pan. Bring to the boil. Cover with lid, transfer to oven and cook for 2 hours.
- Remove from oven, stir in cream and parmesan. Season. Stir in silverbeet, cover and cook for a further 15 minutes. Scatter with pistachios and extra rosemary, and serve with creamy risotto rice.