600 g pork strips
40 g sachet Mexican seasoning
800 g butternut pumpkin, peeled, cut into 2cm pieces
1 tbsp olive oil
1 red onion, chopped
1 red capsicum, chopped
400 g canned black beans, drained
8 tortillas, heated
120 g mixed salad leaves
sour cream, to serve
lime wedges, to serve
- Toss pork with 1 tbsp of the seasoning.
- Boil, steam or microwave pumpkin until almost tender. Drain well.
- Heat an oiled, large, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add pork in four batches. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 1 to 2 minutes, or until just cooked. Remove. Cover to keep warm.
- Heat oil in same clean frying pan over a medium to low heat. Add onion and capsicum. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes, or until onion is soft. Add beans with pumpkin, remaining seasoning and ½ cup water. Stir until hot. Stir in any pork resting juices.
- Serve pork mixture with tortillas, salad leaves, sour cream and lime wedges.