These super-thin, crunchy fries have a delicious spicy salt that will add some flavour to your regular chip side-serving.
4 medium brushed potatoes (800g)
vegetable oil, for frying
2 tsp sea salt flakes
½ tsp smoked paprika
½ tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp ground cayenne pepper
- Peel potatoes. Wash under cold water. Pat dry with absorbent paper.
- Using a 5mm vegetable grater, grate potatoes into long, thin strands. Place on a tray lined with absorbent kitchen paper.
- Heat enough oil in a large wok to deep-fry over a high heat until hot. Add potatoes in four batches. Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden brown and crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon. Drain on absorbent kitchen paper.
- To make spicy salt, combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Mix well.
- Serve potato straw fries sprinkled with spicy salt.