Top these mini, Italian-style bolognese pies with potato for the best dinner you've had in ages!
1 kg washed potatoes, peeled, chopped
1 cup grated tasty cheese
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
salt and pepper to taste
5 frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
½ quantity cold bolognese pasta sauce
tomato sauce, to serve
- Grease 10 holes of two x 6-hole non-stick Texan muffin pans (3/4-cup capacity).
- Cook potatoes in a large saucepan of boiling water until tender. Drain. Return to pan. Mash until smooth. Stir in cheese and oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut out two circles, 14cm in diameter, from each pastry sheet. Line prepared pan holes with pastry. Divide bolognese sauce among cases. Top evenly with potato mixture. Rough the tops with a fork.
- Cook in a very hot oven (240C) for about 20 to 25 minutes or until pastry is cooked and tops are golden brown. Remove from oven. Stand in pans for 10 minutes. Remove
- Serve hot pies with tomato sauce.