1 kg raw king prawns, peeled, leaving tails intact, deveined
2 tsp finely grated ginger
¼ cup olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 small pineapple (1.2kg), skin removed
12 long wooden skewers
2 small Lebanese cucumbers, cut into thick batons
2 cups firmly packed fresh mint leaves
1 large avocado, cut into 4cm long wedges
2 fresh long red chillies, deseeded, cut into thin, long strips
165 ml can light coconut cream
2 tbsp lime juice
1 tbsp finely chopped palm sugar
1 tbsp fish sauce
5 kaffir lime leaves
- Toss prawns, ginger and 2 tbsp of the oil in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate.
- To make dressing, combine all ingredients in a small jug. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Set aside.
- Cut pineapple lengthways into quarters. Remove core. Cut each quarter into three long wedges (about 2cm thick). Thread onto skewers.
- Heat a lightly oiled barbecue grill plate over a medium to high heat. Add pineapple skewers. Drizzle with remaining oil. Cook, turning occasionally, for about 6 minutes, or until charred. Remove.
- Add prawns to same heated, grill plate. Cook, turning, for about 5 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Just before serving, toss prawns in a large bowl with cucumbers, mint, avocado and chilli. Transfer to a platter with pineapple skewers. Spoon half the dressing over salad. Serve with remaining dressing.