1 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
700 g frozen raw peeled prawns with tail on, thawed
Salt and pepper, to taste
300 g ciabatta loaf, cut into 1 cm-thick slices
1 chorizo (200g), cut into 1cm-thick slices
2 lemons, halved
piri piri sauce, to serve
50 g chopped fresh parsley leaves, to garnish
- Combine oil and garlic in a large bowl. Add prawns. Season with salt and pepper. Toss well to coat.
- Heat a lightly oiled barbecue grill plate over a medium to high heat. Add bread in two batches. Cook for about 1 minute on each side, or until charred. Remove.
- Add prawns and chorizo in two batches to same heated grill plate. Cook, turning occasionally, for about 3 minutes, or until cooked. Remove.
- Meanwhile, add lemon halves cut-side down. Cook for about 1 minute, or until charred.
- Arrange prawns and chorizo on a platter with charred bread and lemons. Serve with piri piri sauce. Garnish with parsley.