When it comes to summer, a fruit-favourite-dessert always goes down a treat. Enjoy the sweet and tangy raspberry taste with this delectable buttermilk cake.
125 g unsalted butter, chopped, at room temperature
¾ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1¼ cups self-raising flour
½ cup buttermilk
125 g punnet fresh raspberries
Icing sugar mixture, to dust
raspberry yoghurt to serve
- Grease a 20cm x 7cm deep ring cake pan. Line base and sides with baking paper.
- Beat butter and sugar in a small bowl of an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until just combined.
- Stir in flour with buttermilk until combined. Gently stir in raspberries until just combined. Spoon into pan. Smooth over top.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 35 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into centre of cake comes out clean. Stand in pan for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool.
- Serve cake warm or cold, dusted with sifted icing sugar and yoghurt.