This pudding-like slice is deliciously oaty with generously spread raspberries. Serve with icecream or cream for a delectable dessert experience the whole fam will love!
250 g cold unsalted butter, finely chopped
1 ½ cups plain flour
1 cup caster sugar
1 Tbsp cornflour
1 tsp baking powder
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 ⅓ cups rolled oats
1 ¾ cup frozen raspberries
aerosol whipped cream to serve
- Grease a 19cm x 30cm lamington pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 3cm above pan edges.
- Place butter, flour, sugar, cornflour and baking powder in a food processor. Pulse until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in eggs and 1 cup of the oats until well combined. Reserve 1½ cups of the mixture.
- Using damp hands, press remaining mixture over base of prepared pan. Sprinkle over raspberries. Stir remaining oats into reserved mixture. Sprinkle over raspberries.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180°C) for about 40 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from oven. Stand in pan for 30 minutes. Lift out slice and transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Serve slice warm or cold with cream.