200 g dark cooking chocolate, chopped
150 g unsalted butter, chopped
1 cup caster sugar
3 free range eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup plain flour
¼ cup self-raising flour
¼ cup cocoa powder
1 cup frozen raspberries, thawed
2 Tbsp icing sugar mixture
250 g block cream cheese, chopped, room temperature
⅓ cup caster sugar
1 free range egg
- Grease an 18cm x 28cm rectangular slice pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 4cm above pan edges.
- Combine chocolate and butter in a large heatproof bowl. Sit bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir until smooth. Remove. Cool slightly.
- Stir caster sugar into chocolate mixture. Add eggs and combined sifted ours and cocoa. Stir until combined. Pour into prepared pan. Spread evenly.
- To make topping, beat cream cheese and sugar with an electric mixer until uffy. Beat in egg. Pour over brownie layer in pan. Spread evenly.
- Puree raspberries with icing sugar in a blender. Drizzle over cheesecake topping. Using a skewer, swirl through to create a ripple effect.
- Cook in a moderately slow oven (160C) for about 50 to 55 minutes, or until just firm to touch. Remove. Cool in pan. Refrigerate for 4 hours, or until cold.
- To serve, lift brownie from pan. Cut into rectangles.