This chicken salad is super simple and can be made in the morning and taken to work! You can cook up your own chicken or buy pre-cooked shredded chicken.
- 1½ cups brown rice
- 500 g chicken breast fillets
- 4 cups shredded Chinese cabbage
- 2 green spring onions, sliced
- 1 Red capsicum, chopped
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 2 tsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Cook rice in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water until tender. Drain. Place in a large bowl. Cool completely.
- To make dressing, whisk all ingredients together in a small jug.
- Place chicken in a large saucepan. Cover with water. Bring to boil. Simmer, uncovered, for about 12 minutes, or until cooked. Drain. Cool.
- Shred chicken and add to rice with cabbage, onions and capsicum. Pour over dressing. Toss well to combine.
To save time, buy shredded roasted chicken from the deli section in major supermarkets. Salad can be made up to several hours ahead. Keep, covered, in the fridge.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||1.2 g|
|Total carbohydrates||59.0 g|
|- Sugars||4.4 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.8 g|