A chocolate cake bursting with rich flavour, that's flourless and only has 3 ingredients - magic does exist! This will become your new go-to classic bake...
- 350 g dark cooking chocolate, chopped
- 125 g unsalted butter, chopped
- 6 eggs, at room temperature
- Invert base of a 22cm springform pan (base measures 20cm). Grease and line base and side with baking paper, extending paper 2cm above pan edge.
- Place chocolate and butter in a large, heatproof bowl. Sit bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir until smooth. Remove. Cool slightly.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl of an electric mixer on high speed for about 8 to 10 minutes, or until thick and pale. Add to chocolate mixture in three batches, folding until combined. Pour into prepared pan. Smooth over top.
- Cook in a moderately slow oven (160C) for about 40 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into centre comes out clean. Stand in pan for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Serve cake with double cream, fresh raspberries and strawberries (optional).
Cake can be made up to one day ahead. Keep in an airtight container in the fridge. Decorate just before serving.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||15.2 g|
|Total carbohydrates||15.8 g|
|- Sugars||13.0 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.8 g|