Recipe by: Create Bake Make
Thanks to blogger sensation Create Bake Make, you can now recreate your party snack favourite - Mars Bar slice. Using only 5 ingredients, it's super simple too!
- 5 Mars bars
- 125 g butter
- 1 ½ tbsp golden syrup
- 4 cups puffed rice cereal
- 400 g milk chocolate
- Line a 28cm x 18cm slice tray with non-stick baking paper. Make sure you leave some baking paper hanging over the sides to help you remove the slice once it has set.
- Roughly chop 4 Mars Bars into small pieces and place them into a medium saucepan along with the butter and golden syrup. Stir over a low heat until all of the ingredients have melted and combined, about 2-3 minutes.
- Place the puffed rice cereal into a large bowl and pour over the melted ingredients. Mix together and pour into a slice tray. Use the back of a spoon to spread the Mars Bar slice and press it firmly into the tray.
- Slice the extra Mars Bar into small pieces and set aside.
- Place the milk chocolate into a microwave-safe bowl and cook on high for 2 x 30-second spurts (mixing in between) until the chocolate has just melted. If your chocolate is still a little solid, cook it for a further 20 seconds.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the slice and decorate with the extra pieces of Mars Bar.
- Place the Mars Bar slice into the fridge for approximately 4 hours to set before cutting into small pieces to enjoy.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||162.8 g|
|Total carbohydrates||566.7 g|
|- Sugars||446.9 g|
|Dietary fibre||18.4 g|