Recipe by: Create Bake Make
Create Bake Make proves that baking can be fun and hassle-free with her no-appliance needed chocolate & coconut cake. Kids will love helping you decorate!
- 250 g butter
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 1 ½ cups self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 ½ cups desiccated coconut
- 1 ⅓ cup caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup milk
- coloured sprinkles, to decorate
- 1 ½ cups icing sugar mixture
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp butter, softened
- 2 tbsp boiling water
- Preheat oven to 160℃ and line the base and sides of a 20cm round cake tin with baking paper.
- Chop the butter into 8 pieces, of place into a microwave-safe bowl and cook for 1 minute on medium heat or until melted. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Sift the cocoa, self-raising flour and baking powder into a large bowl and add the desiccated coconut, caster sugar, eggs, milk and melted butter. Mix to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared cake tin and place in the oven to bake for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cook in the tin for 15 minutes before carefully turning out onto a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
- Once the cake has cooled completely, you can make the chocolate icing. Sift the cocoa and icing sugar together into a bowl.
- Add the softened butter and pour the boiling water directly over the butter.
- Using a small whisk, combine all the ingredients until the chocolate icing is smooth. If you find your icing is still a little firm, add an extra teaspoon of boiling water.
- Use a large spoon to scoop the icing and place onto your cake. Spread the icing out using a spatula or butter knife until the cake is covered. Decorate with coloured sprinkles.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||28.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||80.7 g|
|- Sugars||60.4 g|
|Dietary fibre||6.5 g|