Double-dipped in white chocolate and piled high with chocolate shavings, these crunchy cookies are a pure delight. White chocolate fans will love these!
- 1 ¼ cups plain flour
- ¼ cup Dutch cocoa
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 100 g unsalted butter, melted
- ⅔ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Extra plain flour, for dusting
- 800 g white chocolate melts
- 200 g good-quality white chocolate, broken into pieces
- Sift flour, cocoa and bicarb into a large bowl. Put butter, sugar and egg in a second bowl and stir to combine. Make a well in centre of flour mixture, add butter mixture and stir until a rough dough comes together.
- Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth. Form into a disc, enclose in plastic wrap and put in fridge for 30 minutes to firm.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 2 oven trays with baking paper. Roll out dough between 2 sheets of baking paper until 3mm thick. Using a 5cm round cookie cutter, cut out 50 rounds from dough, re-rolling dough as necessary. Arrange on prepared trays, about 3cm apart. Bake, swapping trays halfway, for 12 minutes or until firm. Cool completely on trays.
- Meanwhile, put melts in a large heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, stirring occasionally, until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Using a fork and working in batches, dip biscuits into melted chocolate to coat. Lift biscuits, tapping off excess chocolate, and return to tray. Stand biscuits for chocolate to set. Repeat process to coat biscuits with a second layer of chocolate, reheating chocolate as necessary.
- Put chocolate pieces in a small heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, stirring occasionally, until chocolate is melted and smooth. Using a small palette knife, spread chocolate evenly onto a clean surface. When chocolate is just setting, using the side of a large sharp knife, run blade at an angle towards you over chocolate to make large shavings. Decorate tops of biscuits with a little mound of the shavings to serve.
Instead of chocolate shavings, sprinkle finely chopped candy canes over the unset coated biscuits, if you like, then stand to set.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||5.1 g|
|Total carbohydrates||17.5 g|
|- Sugars||14.8 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.5 g|