This no-cook club sandwich comes with a Vietnamese spin! With roasted chicken, coriander and Japanese mayonnaise, it has all the Asian flavours you love!
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp hot water
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- ¼ cup Japanese mayonnaise
- 6 large slices white bread, toasted
- 1 cup shredded roasted chicken breast (200 g)
- 1 small Lebanese cucumber, sliced diagonally
- 2 green spring onions, sliced diagonally
- ½ cup fresh coriander sprigs
- ½ fresh long red chilli, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp salt-reduced soy sauce
- Stir sugar, vinegar and water together in a small bowl until sugar is dissolved. Stir in carrot. Set aside for 30 minutes.
- To assemble, spread mayonnaise over one side of four of the toast slices.
- Divide chicken over two slices. Place the other two toast slices, mayonnaise-side down, over chicken.
- Drain carrot. Divide cucumber, carrot, onions, coriander and chilli over top of chicken sandwich. Drizzle evenly with soy sauce. Top with remaining toast slices.
- Using a serrated knife, cut sandwiches into quarters. Secure with toothpicks.
You can use sliced roast pork instead of chicken. Spread it with a little char sui sauce for a sweet Chinese BBQ flavour.
Carrot can be prepared up to several hours ahead.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||6.3 g|
|Total carbohydrates||85.4 g|
|- Sugars||26.5 g|
|Dietary fibre||5.3 g|