The entire meal is ready in less than 30 minutes! Turmeric rice can also be prepared alone & paired with many other dishes, or enjoyed as a tasty side.
- 4 x 125 g skinless white fish fillets, bones removed
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ⅓ cup plain flour
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 600 g sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 240 g snow peas, trimmed
- ½ cup Greek yoghurt
- lemon wedges, to serve
- 1 ½ cups basmati rice
- 50 g butter, melted
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ⅓ cup finely chopped fresh dill
- To make turmeric rice, cook rice in a large pan of boiling, salted water until tender. Drain. Return to pan. Drizzle with butter combined with garlic and half the turmeric. Season. Stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with dill. Fluff with a fork to combine.
- Working with one piece of fish at a time, dip in eggs combined with 2 tbsp water, then coat in flour combined with remaining turmeric.
- Heat enough oil to cover the base of a non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Carefully add fish. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- Boil, steam or microwave sweet potato and peas, separately, until tender.
- Serve fish with yoghurt, rice, vegetables and lemon. Garnish with pepper.
Place cooked fish on a wire rack over an oven tray. Keep warm in a slow oven (120C). This coating is a crispy egg batter. If you prefer, pan-fry fish as it is.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||11.5 g|
|Total carbohydrates||105.6 g|
|- Sugars||8.5 g|
|Dietary fibre||6.6 g|