This full-flavoured (and fast) Indian curry is great for a speedy meal on a weeknight. With coconut milk, kaffir lime leaves and peanuts, it tastes authentic!
- 900 g butternut pumpkin, peeled, cut into 3 cm pieces
- 600 g chicken thigh fillets, cut into 2cm-wide strips
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup Massaman curry paste
- 2 x 400 ml canned light coconut milk
- 2 fresh kaffir lime leaves
- ⅓ cup dry roasted unsalted peanuts
- ⅓ cup fresh coriander leaves
- roti bread, to serve
- Boil, steam or microwave pumpkin until tender. Drain.
- Toss chicken in half the oil in a large bowl.
- Heat a large wok over a high heat. Add chicken in two batches. Stir-fry for about 3 minutes, or until browned and almost cooked through. Transfer to a bowl.
- Heat remaining oil in same hot wok over a medium heat. Add onion. Stir-fry until tender. Reduce heat to low. Add paste. Stir-fry for about 30 seconds. Stir in milk and leaves. Bring to boil.
- Return chicken to wok. Simmer for 5 minutes, or until cooked through. Stir in pumpkin. Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Sprinkle with nuts and coriander. Serve with roti bread.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||17.6 g|
|Total carbohydrates||35.7 g|
|- Sugars||9.0 g|
|Dietary fibre||6.6 g|