Recipe by: Lynette Evans
If you want to up your lunch game at work, this one is for you! The chicken rice can be made ahead then frozen in freezer and defrosted the night before eating.
- 2 cage-free eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 red capsicum, finely diced
- 2 cups frozen chopped mixed vegetables, thawed
- 3 cups long-grain white rice, cooked and cooled
- 1 cup shredded barbecued chicken, without skin
- 225 g crushed canned pineapple chunks in juice, drained well
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp all-purpose seasoning sauce
- Heat a wok over medium heat and spray with oil. Pour eggs into the wok and cook for 1 min, lightly scrambling. When almost cooked, remove from wok and set aside.
- Reheat wok and add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil. Add capsicum and mixed vegetables. Stir-fry for 3-4 min.
- Add rice, chicken, pineapple, cooked egg, soy sauce and seasoning seasoning. Stir-fry for a further 2-3 min or until heated through. Divide into single serve portions and chill or freeze until required.
Fried rice is a perfect school snack, Freeze portions, then refrigerate overnight before packing so it thaws in time for lunch.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||1.6 g|
|Total carbohydrates||110.4 g|
|- Sugars||8.9 g|
|Dietary fibre||7.8 g|