An exquisite lighter lunch for when you're entertaining. With smoked trout, caviar, leafy greens and a spicy, yet sweet, lime dressing, it's ideal for summer.
- 2 ½ tbsp lime juice
- 1 ½ tbsp fish sauce
- 1 ½ - 2 tsp brown sugar, or to taste
- 2 fresh kaffir lime leaves, central stalk removed, thinly shredded
- ½ fresh red bird's eye chilli, finely chopped
- 100 g snow pea sprouts
- 1 small handful fresh mint, leaves only
- 200 g smoked trout fillets (preferably hot-smoked, see not, below) flaked
- 50 g trout caviar or salmon caviar (roe)
- 1 punnet micro herb
- Combine all the dressing ingredients, stir to dissolve sugar then set aside for 10 minutes to allow lime flavour to infuse dressing. Divide snowpea sprouts, mint, coriander and smoked trout between 8 small plates.
- When ready to serve, whisk dressing briefly then drizzle over salad. Scatter over roe and micro herbs and serve.
For fresh and vibrant herbs, pick the leaves an hour beforehand and store in cold water in the fridge. Drain well and briefly pat dry just before serving. Hot-smoked trout can be bought from some specialist food shops. Alternatively, buy smoked trout fillets from the supermarket.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||0.3 g|
|Total carbohydrates||1.8 g|
|- Sugars||1.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.1 g|