Move over swizzle sticks, lemongrass is your new go-to stirrer. It imparts both flavour & style. This fabulous spritz is awesome with Asian foods or at BBQs.
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 2 cm piece lemongrass, white part only, smashed, plus extra lengths, to garnish
- 1 sprig thyme, plus extra, to garnish
- 4 shots gin
- juice of 2 lemons
- pulp of 4 passionfruits
- 2 lemons, slices into thin rounds, to garnish
- 750 ml soda water, chilled (or try passionfruit-flavoured sparkling water)
- Combine honey, sugar and 2 tbsp water in a small saucepan. Add lemongrass and thyme and bring to the boil to allow sugar to dissolve. Remove from heat and set aside to cool to room temperature, then remove and discard lemongrass and thyme.
- Divide cooled syrup, gin, lemon juice and passionfruit pulp among 4 short glasses. Garnish with a few lemon rounds and extra thyme.
- Transfer soda water to a large serving jug and top with ice and extra thyme. Top up glasses with icy soda water as desired and serve.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||0.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||19.9 g|
|- Sugars||17.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.6 g|