Once you can get past that song, sit back and sip on this super-refreshing pineapple and coconut puree. It’s basically a health drink (well, minus the rum!)
- ½ ripe pineapple, peeled, cored and roughly chopped
- 250 ml coconut milk
- 4 shots coconut rum, such as Malibu
- 2 tbsp icing sugar mixture
- 2 cups crushed ice
- 4 tropical-flavoured ice blocks
- pineapple wedges and fronds, to garnish
- Put pineapple, coconut milk, rum and sugar in the jug of a blender. Process until pureed. Add ice and pulse until almost smooth.
- Pour pina colada into 4 chilled tall glasses. Garnish with icy poles, pineapple wedges and fronds. Serve immediately.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||11.9 g|
|Total carbohydrates||32.8 g|
|- Sugars||26.6 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.8 g|