Recipe by: Baby Mac
Worried about dinner tonight? Baby Mac's easy sausage pasta is ready in just 20 minutes. Best bit – it can be secretly loaded with veggies – kids will love it!
- 500 g pasta (we used rigatoni)
- 6 Italian pork sausages (or other sausage flavour of choice), skins removed (see tips, below)
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp dried rosemary or 1- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, leaves picked
- 1 handful cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 handful leafy greens (such as spinach or baby kale)
- 300 ml passata
- 1 tbsp cream
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, fry off the sausage meat with the onions, garlic and rosemary, until browned, breaking up the sausage meat with your wooden spoon as you go.
- Add in cherry tomatoes and leafy greens.
- Add in the tomato passata (you can add more if you like it to be wetter and more tomatoey).
- Add dash of cream – avoid adding too much cream so the strong tomato flavor of the sauce is preserved.
- Season with lashings of pepper and a little salt, then tip over the cooked pasta.
- Eat immediately. Be prepared for seconds and enjoy!
For this recipe, we used cherry tomatoes and leafy greens. You can add the vegetables of your choice.
To remove skin from sausages, make a cut down the side of each sausage while holding it, then peel back its skin. This wastes less meat than the squeeze-out method.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||11.3 g|
|Total carbohydrates||65.4 g|
|- Sugars||6.0 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.0 g|