The taste of tropicana! Caramelised pineapple is topped with crunchy coconut chips, zesty lime syrup, and balanced with dollops of thick coconut cream.
- 1 medium pineapple (1.7 kg), peeled
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 25 g unsalted butter
- roasted coconut chips, to decorate
- ½ cup caster sugar
- ½ cup water
- 1 tsp finely grated fresh lime rind
- 300 ml thickened cream
- 2 tbsp coconut milk powder
- 1 tbsp icing sugar mixture
- To make lime syrup, combine all ingredients in a small saucepan over a medium heat. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Bring to boil. Boil rapidly for about 4 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Remove from heat. Cool.
- To make coconut cream, beat all ingredients in a small bowl of an electric mixer until firm peaks form. Refrigerate, covered.
- Cut pineapple lengthways into quarters. Remove core. Cut each quarter lengthways in half. Sprinkle wedges evenly with sugar.
- Melt half the butter in a medium, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add half the pineapple. Cook, turning pineapple, for about 6 minutes, or until golden and caramelised. Remove. Cover to keep warm.
- Wipe pan clean. Reheat pan over a medium to high heat. Repeat with remaining butter and pineapple.
- Serve pineapple drizzled with lime syrup. Top with coconut cream. Decorate with coconut chips.
Try replacing pineapple with mango cheeks, for a change.
Caramelised pineapple is also delicious served cold.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||30.1 g|
|Total carbohydrates||67.8 g|
|- Sugars||60.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.2 g|