Surprise and delight at your next dinner party with these yellow peach melbas. With Moscato and vanilla bean flavours, they're a sweet summer sensation.
- 750 ml bottle moscato wine, at room temperature
- 3 cups water
- ¾ cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 6 yellow peaches (1 kg)
- 2 x 125 g punnets raspberries
- vanilla ice-cream, to serve
- Place wine, water, sugar and vanilla in a stockpot over a medium heat. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Add peaches. Place a round of baking paper, the same diameter as the pot, directly onto the surface of the peaches to cover.
- Bring to boil. Simmer for about 15 minutes, or until peaches are tender. Discard paper. Using a slotted spoon, remove peaches to cool slightly before removing skin. Reserve syrup.
- Place 1 cup of the syrup in a small saucepan over a high heat. Bring to boil. Boil gently for about 12 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Cool.
- Blend raspberries and cooled syrup in a blender until smooth. Strain through a sieve. Discard seeds.
- Top peaches with raspberry sauce. Serve with ice-cream.
We used yellow peaches, but replace with white peaches or nectarines. If you prefer, use frozen raspberries.
Peaches and sauce can be made up to two days ahead. Keep, covered, separately in the fridge.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||0.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||43.9 g|
|- Sugars||41.6 g|
|Dietary fibre||5.0 g|