Paired with an avocado salsa with tomatoes, coriander and lemon juice, uncrumbed veal schnitzels are seasoned with paprika and served with sweet potato chips…
- 800 g sweet potato
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 x 150 g uncrumbed veal schnitzels
- 80 g fresh baby spinach leaves
- lemon wedges, to serve
- 1 avocado, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 3 green spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh coriander
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Cut sweet potato into 2cm-thick wedges. Boil or microwave until almost tender. Drain. Pat dry with absorbent kitchen paper.
- Place sweet potato on an oven tray. Drizzle with oil. Sprinkle over paprika and season. Toss to combine.
- Cook in a very hot oven (240C) for about 10 minutes, or until golden and tender.
- Meanwhile, make avocado salsa. Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl, adding salt and pepper.
- Heat an oiled, non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Add veal in two batches. Cook for about 30 seconds on each side, or until tender. Remove.
- Serve veal with wedges, salsa, spinach leaves and lemon wedges.
It can be replaced with chicken or pork steaks.
Don’t over-cook veal or it will become tough.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||2.4 g|
|Total carbohydrates||28.4 g|
|- Sugars||8.4 g|
|Dietary fibre||8.4 g|