A great vegetarian lunch idea for school lunch boxes. Grated carrot, sultanas and sweet chilli sauce taste great on wholemeal bread with smooth ricotta.
- ¼ cup smooth ricotta
- 4 slices wholemeal bread
- 1 tbsp sultanas
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 small carrot (100g), coarsely grated
- dried pineapple rings, to serve
- nectarine wedges, to serve
- Spread ricotta on one side of bread.
- Spread chilli sauce over two slices of bread. Divide sultanas and carrot over chilli sauce. Top with remaining slices of bread, ricotta-side down.
- Trim crusts from sandwiches (optional). Cut each sandwich into four triangles.
- Serve in lunchboxes with pineapple rings and nectarine wedges.
Try replacing ricotta with cream cheese and add shaved turkey or ham to the filling.
Easy to freeze: double wrap these sandwiches in plastic wrap and freeze for easy lunchbox options. Freeze securely wrapped sandwiches for up to 4 weeks. Allow to defrost overnight in the refrigerator or pop individual serves directly into lunchboxes.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||0.3 g|
|Total carbohydrates||53.0 g|
|- Sugars||27.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||6.2 g|