With real banana and honey mixed into the batter, these pancakes have big flavour! You can make these up to three days ahead, so they're great for lunch boxes.
- 1 small banana (125g), mashed
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 ¼ cups self-raising flour
- melted, unsalted butter, for greasing
- Extra honey, to serve
- Combine banana, buttermilk, egg and honey in a medium jug.
- Place flour into a large bowl. Make a well in the centre. Whisk in banana mixture until smooth.
- Heat a greased, large, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Spoon 1 tblsp of mixture into pan. Repeat to make five pikelets.
- Cook for about 2 minutes, or until bubbles begin to appear on the surface. Turn over and cook for a further 2 minutes, or until browned underneath. Remove. Repeat with remaining mixture to make 20 pikelets in total.
- Serve warm or cold pikelets drizzled with extra honey.
Pikelets can be made up to three days ahead. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||0.2 g|
|Total carbohydrates||9.4 g|
|- Sugars||3.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.3 g|