This Aussie-style pizza is topped with bacon & eggs, and has a barbecue sauce base. It's cooked on the barbecue, so it's perfect when catching up with friends.
- 5 middle bacon rashers, rind removed, cut in half
- 2 x pizza bases (30cm)
- ⅔ cup barbecue sauce, plus extra to serve
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 cups grated pizza cheese blend
- 1 red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 6 eggs
- wild rocket leaves, to serve
- Heat an oiled, large, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add bacon in two batches. Cook, turning once, for about 2 to 3 minutes, or until browned. Remove. Drain on absorbent kitchen paper.
- Heat a barbecue grill plate to 200C.
- Place pizza bases on large oven trays. Combine sauce and garlic in a bowl. Divide over bases. Spread to cover. Sprinkle ½ cup cheese over each base. Divide onion, thyme and bacon over cheese.
- Slide pizzas onto heated barbecue plate. Crack eggs evenly over top. Sprinkle over remaining cheese. Close lid.
- Cook for about 15 minutes, or until eggs are cooked to your liking and bases are crisp.
- Serve with rocket and extra barbecue sauce.
For a change, try adding pineapple pieces and brushing bacon with maple syrup.
Pizzas can also be cooked in a moderate oven (180C) for 15 minutes.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||16.1 g|
|Total carbohydrates||39.1 g|
|- Sugars||14.8 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.1 g|