Ciabatta bread and chicken tenderloins are grilled on the barbecue, then added to a vibrant salad of tomatoes, onions, capers, capsicum, and fresh basil.
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 300 g ciabatta loaf, cut into 2cm thick slices
- 12 chicken tenderloins (800 g)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 Roma tomatoes (350g), cut into 3cm-thick wedges
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 200 g punnet yellow tomatoes, halved
- 1 large red capsicum, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp baby capers, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- Combine oil and garlic in a small jug.
- Brush both sides of ciabatta slices with half the oil mixture.
- Toss chicken with 1 tbsp of the oil mixture. Season.
- Heat a barbecue grill plate over a medium to high heat. Add ciabatta. Cook, turning, for about 4 minutes, or until charred. Remove. Tear into large pieces.
- Add chicken to same heated barbecue grill plate. Cook for about 4 minutes on each side, or until cooked. Remove.
- To make dressing, place four tomato wedges in a blender with vinegar and remaining 1 tbsp oil mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Blend until smooth.
- To serve, place remaining tomato wedges in a large bowl with ciabatta, chicken, yellow tomatoes, capsicum, onion, capers and basil. Pour over half the dressing. Toss to combine. Drizzle over remaining dressing.
Chicken can be replaced with pork steaks. Cooking time will vary. Assemble salad just before serving.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||2.5 g|
|Total carbohydrates||26.5 g|
|- Sugars||4.4 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.9 g|