A crumbed herb and cheese topping is baked on top of fresh, roma tomatoes, to create a juicy side. It's such a simple tray bake, perfect for buffet-style meals.
- 8 large Roma tomatoes (900g), halved lengthways
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- fresh thyme sprigs, to garnish
- 1 ¼ cups fresh breadcrumbs
- ¾ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup chopped fresh chives
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Arrange tomatoes, cut-side up, in an oiled, large roasting pan.
- To make crumb topping, combine breadcrumbs, parmesan and herbs in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Whisk oil with garlic and mustard in a jug. Add to breadcrumb mixture. Mix well.
- Divide crumb topping among tomatoes. Drizzle with oil.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 25 minutes, or until tops are golden and tomatoes are tender.
- Serve garnished with thyme sprigs.
Any variety of ripe tomatoes can also be used in this recipe.
Crumb topping can be made ahead. Store in the freezer.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||3.6 g|
|Total carbohydrates||13.3 g|
|- Sugars||5.5 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.7 g|