It may only have one main ingredient, but this simple tomato salad with a sugared chilli, garlic & fennel salad dressing makes an excellent complimentary dish.
- 1 kg ripe tomatoes
- 3 green spring onions, finely sliced
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh oregano
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- ¼ tsp dried chilli flakes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- To make dressing, whisk all ingredients in a jug until well combined.
- Cut tomatoes into wedges. Cut wedges in half crossways. Place in a large bowl with onions. Pour over dressing. Toss well. Refrigerate, covered, for up to 2 hours.
- Before serving, add parsley and oregano to tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Toss well.
Omit chilli from dressing for a less spicy flavour and replace oregano with basil.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||1.8 g|
|Total carbohydrates||5.5 g|
|- Sugars||4.9 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.2 g|