Remember the banana split? Take a trip down memory lane with these party-friendly sized banana splits – perfect for a 70s themed disco party. Very groovy!
- 150 g dark chocolate, chopped
- ½ cup thickened cream
- 4 small ripe bananas
- ⅓ cup crushed peanuts
- 2 tbsp hundreds and thousands
- 12 jarred maraschino cherries with stems, well-drained
- Line a tray with baking paper.
- Place chocolate in a medium, heatproof bowl. Sit bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir until smooth. Remove from heat. Stand for 2 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
- Beat cream in a small bowl of an electric mixer until firm peaks form.
- Peel bananas. Trim ends. Cut each into 3cm pieces.
- Place peanuts onto a plate. Working with one piece of banana at a time, dip one end in chocolate then peanuts. Place chocolate-side facing up on prepared tray. Refrigerate until set.
- Transfer banana pieces, chocolate-side down, onto a serving plate. Place cream into a small piping bag fitted with a 2cm star nozzle. Pipe a rosette on top of each one. Sprinkle with hundreds and thousands. Top with cherries.
Banana splits can be assembled up to one hour ahead. Keep in the fridge.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||3.2 g|
|Total carbohydrates||17.1 g|
|- Sugars||13.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.9 g|