If you're after a no-waste, healthy recipe for one (that's also not boring!), this chipotle tuna, brown rice and veg bowl is super easy, fast and delicious.
- 95 g tinned chipotle tuna, drained, oil reserved
- 250 g microwave brown rice
- 125 g canned corn kernels, drained
- ¼ thinly sliced red capsicum
- 1 thinly sliced green spring onion
- ¼ cup fresh coriander leaves
- ½ thinly sliced avocado
- lime wedges, to serve
- Place drained tuna and 1 tsp reserved oil in a bowl with a prepared brown rice, drained corn kernels, red capsicum, green spring onion and fresh coriander leaves. Gently toss.
- Top wit sliced avocado. Serve with a lime wedge.
Any flavoured tuna can be used in this recipe, or replace it with shredded roast chicken. This salad makes a mess-free lunch for work or school.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||3.6 g|
|Total carbohydrates||80.4 g|
|- Sugars||8.2 g|
|Dietary fibre||13.2 g|