Brown rice with roasted cauliflower & squash, is mixed with spinach, carrots and mint leaves, then topped with pomegranate seeds. It's a filling vegan bowl.
- 1 cup brown rice
- 600 g cauliflower, cut into florets
- 250 g baby yellow squash (4), cut into 1cm-thick wedges
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 80 g fresh baby spinach leaves
- ⅓ cup shredded fresh mint leaves
- 1 pomegranate, seeds removed
- Cook rice according to packet directions.
- Meanwhile, toss cauliflower and squash with spices, salt and pepper and half the oil in a roasting pan.
- Cook in a hot oven (200C) for about 20 minutes, or until browned and tender. Transfer vegetables to a large bowl.
- Add remaining oil and vinegar to hot roasting pan. Stir to combine with any spice mixture in pan. Pour over vegetables.
- Add rice to vegetables with carrots and spinach. Stir through mint and seeds.
This dish can also be served cold as a salad.
To remove seeds from pomegranate, cut in half and pull apart sections to expose seeds. Gently pick away seeds removing any white membrane.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||3.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||47.0 g|
|- Sugars||8.5 g|
|Dietary fibre||6.5 g|