Want to jazz up an easy steak dinner? Add Mexican magic with burrito seasoning, baked tortillas and grilled corn, with a lime and sour cream dressing.
- 600 g lamb sirloin steaks
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 40 g sachet burrito seasoning mix
- 4 tortillas, cut into 1cm-wide strips
- 120 g mixed salad leaves
- 250 g punnet cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 corn cobs, halved
- 300 ml tub light sour cream
- 1 tsp finely grated fresh lime rind
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- Rub steaks with oil and half the spice mix.
- To make dressing, combine all ingredients in a bowl with remaining seasoning. Add a little cold water to thin out, if necessary.
- Spread tortillas over an oiled oven tray.
- Cook in a hot oven (200C) for about 5 to 8 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool on tray. Combine with lettuce, tomatoes and onion in a bowl.
- Cook steaks on a lightly oiled, heated grill plate over a medium to high heat for 3 to 4 minutes on each side for medium, or until cooked to your liking. Remove. Rest, loosely covered in foil, for 5 minutes.
- Cook corn on same grill, turning occasionally, for about 3 minutes, or until browned and tender.
- Serve corn with steak and salad. Drizzle over dressing.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||9.2 g|
|Total carbohydrates||60.0 g|
|- Sugars||14.2 g|
|Dietary fibre||5.0 g|