This couscous is a fabulous salad for when you need to use up leftover vegies from dinner – add anything you like to this one! It's a great office lunch.
- 2 cups diced butternut pumpkin
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1 cm dice
- 1 cup pearl couscous
- 4 mild twiggy sticks, sliced
- ¼ cup orange honey dijon dressing
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley or chives
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan forced). Line a baking tray with baking paper. Toss pumpkin and zucchini in a bowl with 2 teaspoons olive oil and a little pepper. Transfer to tray and spread out in a single layer. Bake for 20-25 min or until golden and tender. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add couscous and cook for 1 min. Add 1⅓ cups water and bring to the boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and cook for 10 min or until couscous is tender. Transfer to a bowl and let cool.
- Combine couscous, vegies and twiggy sticks in a large bowl. Pour over dressing. Divide between containers and chill until required. Garnish with parsley or
chives if desired.
You can use chopped up leftover roast vegetables instead of roasting the zucchini and pumpkin.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||2.3 g|
|Total carbohydrates||43.9 g|
|- Sugars||6.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.0 g|