A delicious Caesar barbecue chicken salad with croutons, bacon and parmesan. Pop dressing in a side container, and you can take it to work or pack for school.
- 200 g dried fusilli pasta
- 3 slices short-cut bacon rashers, trimmed of fat
- 1 cup chopped store-bought barbecued chicken
- 1 cup shredded cos lettuce leaves
- ½ cup halved cherry tomatoes or grape tomatoes
- 2 tbsp shaved Parmesan cheese
- ⅓ cup Caesar dressing
- ½ cup croutons
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil and cook pasta per packet directions. Drain and refresh under cool running water then drain well. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat. Spray with olive oil and add the bacon. Cook for 2 min on each side or until lightly browned. Transfer to a plate and set aside. Once cool, tear into bite-size pieces.
- Add chicken, lettuce, tomatoes, parmesan, Caesar dressing and bacon to the pasta. Toss well to combine. Top with croutons and serve. If making for school lunches, prepare salad without dressing and croutons. Divide between airtight containers and chill until required. Keep salad dressing and croutons in separate containers. Add dressing and croutons just before eating.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||6.2 g|
|Total carbohydrates||39.6 g|
|- Sugars||2.5 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.3 g|