If you like banana bread, you'll love this pear & raspberry bread for something a little different. It only takes ten minutes to prep, and is freezer-friendly.
- ⅔ cup liquid egg whites, lightly beaten
- ⅓ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup rice bran oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- 700 g canned pears in juice, drained well and roughly mashed
- 1 ¾ cup plain flour
- 1 tsp bicarb soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- Preheat oven to 160°C (140°C fan forced). Line a 12cm x 22cm medium loaf pan with baking paper. Whisk the liquid eggwhites, buttermilk, oil and vanilla in a large bowl until combined. Stir in pears.
- Add flour, bicarb and cinnamon and mix until combined. Fold through raspberries. Spoon into prepared pan. Bake for 1 hr 15-20 min or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Cool in pan for 10 min then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely. Cut into slices to serve. Freeze individual slices in plastic wrap. Label, date and freeze. Pack into lunch boxes to defrost by morning tea or lunch.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||1.9 g|
|Total carbohydrates||32.9 g|
|- Sugars||17.9 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.3 g|