Similar to a frittata, this cheesy, freezer-friendly slice has pasta, garlic, spinach, zucchini, ham & eggs. For a beautiful lunch, serve it with a side salad.
- 200 g elbow pasta
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tsp crushed garlic
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach leaves, shredded
- 1 zucchini, coarsely grated
- 200 g shaved leg ham, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup snipped fresh chives
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 ¼ cups grated tasty cheese
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced). Grease a 20cm x 30cm x 6cm deep rectangle cake pan or roasting pan and line the base with baking paper. Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water following packet directions. Drain and return to pan.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook for 3-4 min or until softened.
- Add onion mixture to the pasta then add the spinach, zucchini, ham, chives, eggs and ¾ cup of the grated tasty cheese. Stir well to combine. Transfer to prepared pan and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake for 25-30 min or until just set, covering top with foil if browning too quickly. Cool in pan, then cut into squares to serve. Wrap individual pieces in plastic wrap and foil and freeze. Thaw in the fridge overnight before serving.
Add extra vegies such as grated carrot, broccoli or cauliflower if you like.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||8.4 g|
|Total carbohydrates||27.0 g|
|- Sugars||3.4 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.9 g|